Applications are now open for the National Farmers Union (NFU) Mutual Grant Program.
The NFU Mutual Charitable Trust will focus on providing funding to larger initiatives, which would have a significant impact on the rural community.
- The objectives of The NFU Mutual Charitable Trust are to promote, facilitate and support such purposes as are exclusively charitable according to the laws of England and Wales in the areas of agriculture, rural development and insurance in the United Kingdom and in particular:
- To advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to agriculture
- To advance the education of young people within rural areas
- To relieve poverty within rural areas
- To promote the benefit and social welfare of inhabitants of rural communities by associating together with the inhabitants and local authorities, voluntary and other organisations to advance education and leisure
- To promote research into agricultural associated activities
- To advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to insurance
- When making an application, details should be included of:
- The project, initiative or organisation for which funding is sought
- An indication of the amount of the donation requested
- Any business plans
- Details of any other funding sought and or obtained
- Any recognition which would be given to the Trust in recognition of its support
- Confirmation of whether or not the applicant is a registered charity
What does not provide funds for the following?
- University fees
- Overseas Appeals
For more information, visit https://www.nfumutual.co.uk/about-us/charitable-trust/applications-for-funding/