Deadline: 15 July 2016
The National Geographic Foundation for Science and Exploration is currently accepting applications in its three grants categories in order to support scientists, conservationists and explorers throughout Asia through for its regional, peer-reviewed grant program.
- Research Grants: National Geographic’s research grants must have hypothesis-based scientific research as a primary focus and are awarded based on potential for new advances in field sciences. All proposed projects must have a geographical dimension and be of broad scientific interest.
- Conservation Grants: National Geographic’s conservation grants support both efforts in the field and public-education campaigns that inform individuals about global issues, connect conservation issues to daily life, and enable people to take action. Conservation grants are awarded for innovative and applied approaches to conservation issues with potential for global application.
- Exploration Grants: National Geographic’s exploration grants support exploration and adventure around the world and are approved by media experts looking for engaging stories and topics suitable for National Geographic media. The scientific advisory committee will give primary consideration to the reviews of representatives from National Geographic editorial divisions (magazines, television, books, etc.) along with the scientific and conservation merits, where applicable, of proposed projects.
The grant amounts vary greatly, the average award is U.S. $30,000.
- The grant program in Asia is open to residents of below mentioned countries.
- Submissions must be made in English if they are to receive timely consideration by the Committee for Science and Exploration in Asia.
- Applicants are expected to have qualifications and experience pertinent to the expedition or project they propose, and advanced academic degrees are not required.
- Applicants planning to work outside of Asia should include at least one local collaborator as part of their field team.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- After receiving the application, the principal investigator must complete and submit the application online.
For more information, please visit Grants Program.
Applications are also open for Young Explorers Grant Programme. To know more, please visit next page.