Deadline: 2 March 2020
Applications are now open for “National Lottery Grants for Heritage” in order to inspire, lead and resource the UK’s heritage to create positive and lasting change for people and communities, now and for the future.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
They believe that understanding, valuing and sharing their heritage brings people together, inspires pride in communities and boosts investment in local economies.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Grants from £10,000 to £250,000
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
They fund projects that connect people and communities to the national, regional and local heritage of the UK.
As a guide, this could include:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- people’s memories and experiences (often recorded as ‘oral history’)
- cultural traditions (for example, stories, festivals, crafts, music and dance)
- nature (for example, habitats, species and geology)
- natural and designed landscapes such as parks and gardens
- community archaeology
- historic buildings, monuments and environments
- collections of objects, books or documents in museums, libraries or archives
- histories of people and communities or places and events
- the heritage of languages and dialects
- places and objects linked to their industrial, maritime and transport history
They will only fund projects that:
- have a clear plan with a defined start, middle and end
- have not already started
- and will last up to five years
They cannot cover the following:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- existing staff posts or organisational costs (unless calculated through Full Cost Recovery)
- statutory and/or legal responsibilities
- promoting the cause or beliefs of political or faith organisations
- recoverable VAT
- costs for any activity that has taken place before a grant is awarded
- Under this programme, they accept applications from:
- not-for-profit organisations
- private owners of heritage (who can apply for up to £100,000)
- Here are some examples of the types of organisation they can fund:
- charities, trusts and charitable incorporated organisations
- community and voluntary groups
- community/parish councils
- community interest companies
- faith based or church organisations
- local authorities
- other public sector organisations
- private owners of heritage (for example, individuals and commercial organisations)
- Applicant’s project must not start before they make a decision and it must focus on heritage in the UK.
For more information, visit https://www.heritagefund.org.uk/funding/national-lottery-grant-heritage/100k-250k
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.