Deadline: 31 January 2020
The Nagao Natural Environment Foundation (NEF) is seeking applications for its program entitled “NEF Commemorative Grant Fund for Capacity Building of Young Scientists (CGF)”, for a 10-year period up to 2025, aiming at capacity building of young scientists in developing countries of the Asia-Pacific region; both of the CGF Programme and the ongoing Research Grant Programme (under the NEF Research Grant Scheme) will be simultaneously progressed.
The CGF Programme is directed towards helping young scientists in this region grow up as world-class scientists in the areas of, or related to, conservation of wildlife and ecosystem in their own country or in the Asia-Pacific region. In this programme, research projects with high priority include fieldwork-based studies which are scientifically outstanding and socioculturally sound. Each project should be implemented by a project scientist (PS) from Asia-Pacific developing countries, with adequate support of, and collaboration with, a project coordinator (PC), who has excellent scientific achievements and intends to take responsibilities for the research project.
The target countries in the Asia-Pacific region include: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federal of), Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Palau, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Vietnam.
- The maximum grant size is 1,500,000 Japanese yen per project, while additional budget for the PC is available for his/her expenses of travel to the study site of the PS.
- The total annual budget for the CGF Programme amounts to 20,000,000 Japanese yen.
Eligible Research Fields
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The research project is expected to contribut to nature conservation of the country where the PS lives, or currently works or studies, focusing on living organisms, especially wildlife and ecosystem, from such standpoints/foci as follows:
- biology, especially ecology, taxonomy, and distribution and current status of wildlife,
- biodiversity (i.e., species diversity, genetic diversity, and ecosystem diversity),
- threatened species, alien species, and restoration of ecosystem, and/or
- relationships between nature and humans (e.g., ecosystem services and sustainable use of biological resources).
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The Project Scientist (PS) must:
- be a national of one of the above-mentioned countries, less than 40 years old,
- be a researcher, who works or studies full-time in a university or research institution in one of the above-mentioned countries, under any of the following three situations:
- having a PhD or Doctor’s degree,
- being/to be enrolled in a doctor (PhD) course of the university/research institution, or
- having at least 3 years of research work experience and sound record of scholarly publications,
- be not a recipient of on-going research or publication project of the NEF nor an applicant of any other grant of the NEF, at the time of application.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://www.nagaofoundation.or.jp/e/index.html