Deadline: 15 May 2017
The Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) is currently accepting applications for its Programme for Environment and Climate Co-operation (PECC) grant to finance co-operation projects between Nordic and North-West Russian non-commercial partners to mutually benefit the environment and climate at the regional and local levels.
The purpose of the Programme is to contribute directly to create an improved status of the environment and climate in North-West Russia and indirectly lead to improvements in the Nordic and Baltic countries and the whole Barents Region by financially supporting the implementation of relevant co-operation projects at the regional and local levels in North-West Russia.
The Programme encourages implementation of projects and other initiatives that benefit the environment and climate, seeking to:
- Prevent and reduce pollution
- Reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and ozone-depleting substances
- Improve biodiversity and protect endangered species
- Increase capacity for dealing with ecological disasters and emergencies
The Programme will target the following fields, among others:
- Use of renewable energy sources
- Energy savings and improved energy efficiency
- Cleaner production and sustainable consumption
- Sustainable city and land-use planning
- Protection of nature
Selected proposals may receive grant financing from EUR 30,000 to 200,000.
The Programme will be open to co-operation projects between partners from the Nordic countries and North-West Russia.
Eligible project activities include:
- Development of networks and exchanges of experience
- Awareness raising
- Technology transfer and development
- Spreading of best practices
- Development of monitoring practices
- Competence building at expert level
- Feasibility studies preparing investments
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit PECC Grant.