Deadline: 29 November 2019
NER is seeking innovative, high quality, cross-disciplinary pre-proposals on relevant topics corresponding to existing international calls on themes relating to renewable energy, energy systems, sustainable energy transition and similar energy-related topics.
All Nordic countries have adopted ambitious climate goals, in some cases even beyond EU targets. In a common effort to achieve these, much can be gained from Nordic and international collaboration. NER aspires to facilitate this process by bringing researchers and other relevant actors together, with a vision of extensive Nordic cooperation in world-class energy research and development.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- To further strengthen the Nordic countries position within the EU, as well as within international research, NER intends to support Nordic researchers in the planning of proposals for international calls. Funding will be provided to cover expenses related to the preparation and submission of a full proposal during a specified research call.
- The research consortiums are invited to submit their proposals to international calls such as the EU program Horizon 2020 (eg Energy efficiency , Smart and clean energy for consumers ) or initiatives related to the EU (eg ERA-net Smart Energy Systems, SOLAR-ERA .NET ) or other relevant calls with themes regarding renewable energy, energy systems, sustainable energy transition and similar themes in the energy area.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Each pre-proposal may apply for a grant of NOK 50,000 during this call.
- The funding available for this call is NOK 650 000.
To be eligible for funding, the following conditions must include:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Proposals must be submitted in English and follow the structure in the application form available on the NordForsk Call and Application portal.
- Only attachments are requested in the application form.
- One planning grant may be awarded per planned proposal.
- Proposals must incorporate participants from legal entities into at least two Nordic countries.
- The applicant legal entity must be based in a Nordic country.
- The participants must be based at institutions of higher education, other research institutions, public or private enterprises or other organizations with a strong research focus.
- The project partners that will receive funding in the project must be eligible for de minimizes state aid under European Commission Regulation (EC) No 1407/2013 of 18 December 2013.
Applications for planning grants will be assessed on the basis of the planned proposal’s potential for success during the corresponding call. The following criteria will be used:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Quality of the planned project, relevance to the corresponding call and innovativeness.
- Expected impact of the project.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.nordicenergy.org/call/call-for-proposals-for-planning-grants-within-energy-research/