The Delaware Community Foundation (DCF) is pleased to announce the Next Gen South Grants.
Next Gen South utilizes many of the Delaware Community Foundation's resources, but members have established their own structure to raise funds and support the community. Next Gen South's charitable fund was organized in 2012 and awarded its first round of grants in 2013.
Next Gen South is currently raising money to support programs for addiction treatment, family services, emergency housing, and homelessness prevention. The merits and execution of each program will determine grant selection.
What they support?
Next Gen South supports programs addressing addiction within their local community including, but not limited to, treatment services, addiction prevention and education, mental health services, and to support families who have experienced addiction. All applications that meet Next Gen South's guidelines are thoroughly reviewed by the committee. Because Next Gen South receives more grant requests than it is able to support, nonprofit organizations are encouraged to seek funding from multiple sources for a particular program or project.
They are interested in initiatives that:
- Demonstrate vision, effectiveness, good management and action for positive change.
- Encourage collaboration between agencies and reduce duplication of services.
- Leverage funds from other sources.
- Create a sense of community through neighborhood involvement and outreach.
- Include an evaluation component.
What they do not support?
- debt reduction
- Religious organizations for sectarian purposes
- Annual fundraising campaigns or general operating expenses
- Projects completed before the date of grant approval by the Next Gen South membership
- Sports clubs or leagues
- The Next Gen South's Grants Committee oversees all grant decisions, subject to the approval of Next Gen South Board and the DCF Board of Directors. Only nonprofit organizations within the state of Delaware that have a 501(c)(3) designation by the Internal Revenue Service are eligible to apply.
- Agencies receiving Next Gen South grants must serve the state of Delaware and its residents without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin or sexual orientation.
For more information, visit Delaware Community Foundation.
For more information, visit https://delcf.org/next-gen-south-grants-guidelines/