The U.S. Embassy in Ljubljana, Slovenia announces this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for Slovenian civil society organizations to offer grants for well-conceived and managed projects that strengthen ties between the United States and Slovenia.
The Embassy continues to offer small grants for well-conceived and managed projects that strengthen ties between the United States and Slovenia Eligible topics for projects are broadly defined to include democracy and human rights, security and defense issues, and economic and business development. Successful proposals will strengthen understanding of the United States, including its society, culture, politics and values, and support a priority theme.
For this grant period, additional consideration will be given to project proposals focusing on the following themes:
- Regional and Trans-Atlantic Cooperation
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Economic Reform, Promotion of Trade, Women in STEAM
- International Security, Counter Terrorism, and Defense Issues
- Energy Security and Diversification
- Digitalization, Cyber Security, and Artificial Intelligence
- Countering Corruption, Good Governance, Strengthening Rule of Law, and Transparency
- Independent Media and Investigative Journalism
- Human Rights (to include tolerance, respect for diversity, and support for historically marginalized communities.)
- Youth Engagement, Volunteerism, and Active Citizenship
- Combating Climate Change, Environmental Preservation and Sustainability
- Approximate Total Funding: $100,000
- Approximate Number of Awards: 10
What are they looking for in a proposal?
- Programs that build and enhance relationships between Slovenia and the United States through bilateral cooperation, highlight shared values, and promote mutual understanding.
- Sustainable projects with strong merit and clearly defined goals and outcomes.
- Projects that include acknowledgement of U.S. Embassy support and a plan to amplify their cooperation via traditional or digital media.
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- Slovenian educational and research institutions, public entities, and not-for-profits/NGOs/social enterprises.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=334168