Deadline: 30 June 2020
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) at U.S. Embassy Managua has announced the 2019-2020 PAS Small Grants Program to support innovative projects focused on empowering Nicaraguans through educational and entrepreneurial opportunities.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Award Ceiling: $50,000
- Award Floor: $1
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Improve instruction and academic achievement in English language proficiency and/or science, technology, environment, architecture/art, and math (STEAM)
- Strengthen entrepreneurship and economic development, and expand access among minority communities, women, and disadvantaged communities
- Engage alumni of U.S. sponsored exchange programs
- Promote civic education
The Small Grants Program cannot fund:
- Projects supporting primarily partisan political or religious activity
- International air travel unless essential to the goal of the project
- Humanitarian or charitable activities
- For-profit, commercial or trade activities
- Fundraising campaigns
- Scientific research
- Institutional development per se or support of an organization
- Activities that duplicate existing projects
- Construction and infrastructure
- Salaries as the main purpose of the grant
- Refreshments as the main element of the grant
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Eligible applicants for this Annual Program Statement are:
- US and Nicaraguan citizens, non-profit and non-governmental organizations with legal status.
- All awards are subject to funds availability.
- Recipient cost-share is encouraged but it is not required.
The PAS Small Grants Program will evaluate and score proposals according to the following criteria:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Quality of the Program Plan: Competitive proposals will clearly promote one or more of Embassy Mission Goals: economic prosperity; security; and democracy with social inclusion for all, in Nicaragua; and all programs must have a U.S. component such as a U.S. speaker or expert. (30 points)
- Ability to Achieve Program Objectives: Applications should clearly demonstrate how the applicant would meet the objectives. Activities should be reasonable and feasible, and the application should clearly detail how activities would be carry out. Objectives should be clear, measurable, and have a well-articulated timeline. (30 points)
- Project Evaluation: Proposals should include a plan to evaluate the activity’s success, both as the activities unfold and at the end of the program. A draft survey questionnaire or other technique and a description of methodology to link outcomes to original project objectives are recommended. (20 points)
- Budget and Narrative Justification: The budget and narrative justification are complete and reasonable in relation to the proposed activities and anticipated results. The plan for services and related cost estimates is realistic.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: United States and Nicaragua
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=321817
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.