Deadline: 31 March 2017
National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) is seeking applications for a program entitled “Agriculture and Food Research Initiative” with an aim to provide funding for fundamental and applied research, education, and extension projects in food and agricultural sciences.
Through this support, AFRI advances knowledge in both fundamental and applied sciences that is important to agriculture. It also allows AFRI to support education and extension activities that deliver science-based knowledge to people, allowing them to make informed practical decisions.
Priority Areas and Funding Information
The total program funds of each area are as below:
- Plant health and production and plant products–Approximately $33 million
- Animal health and production and animal products– Approximately $31 million
- Food safety, nutrition, and health– Approximately $19 million
- Renewable energy, natural resources, and environment – Approximately $15 million
- Agriculture systems and technology – Approximately $11 million
- Agriculture economics and rural communities– Approximately $17 million
- New application: This is a project application that has not been previously submitted to NIFA. It will review all new applications competitively using the selection process and evaluation.
- Renewal application: This is a project application that requests additional funding for a project beyond the period that was approved in an original or amended award.
- Resubmitted application: This is an application that was submitted previously to NIFA but not funded.
- Eligible applicants include:
- State Agricultural Experiment Station;
- colleges and universities (including junior colleges offering associate degrees or higher);
- University research foundations; 4) other research institutions and organizations;
- Federal agencies,
- National laboratories;
- Private organizations or corporations;
- Individuals who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents; and
- Eligible institutions do not include foreign and international organizations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: United States
For more information, please visit Agriculture and Food Research Initiative.