Deadline: 15 April 2020
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, there is a huge need for new knowledge related to the SARS-CoV-2 virus infection in order to develop vaccines, treatments etc. Conducting trials or research cooperation at the Nordic level could be one way of generating such knowledge but also for Nordic patients to participate in trials. Joint Nordic activities will also promote knowledge transfer across the region as well as help establishing research infrastructures for future trials. Making use of the Nordic registers and health care data could support such research.
The Nordic Trial Alliance (NTA) hereby invites proposals for activities aiming to promote Nordic cooperation related to COVID-19 research. The call for proposals is based on the recent research priorities defined by the WHO. A proposal could for example include (one or several) activities related to:
- Knowledge transfer
- Infrastructure establishment
- Nordic coordination of national initiatives incl. trials
- Planning of joint Nordic initiatives
- Data sharing and interoperability
- Establishing networks
- Preparedness for future pandemics
That will strengthen Nordic collaboration and knowledge transfer, with a concrete outcome that will enhance Nordic clinical research cooperation and contribute to the global knowledge related to COVID-19.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Nordic Trial Alliance is a NordForsk project that aims to facilitate clinical research cooperation in the Nordic region. The purpose of NTA is to make it easier to carry out clinical research in the Nordic countries with focus on cooperation on clinical multi-centre trials. NTA was initiated under the Norwegian Presidency of the Nordic Council of Ministers 2017 and operates between 2017-2021.
NTA supports the Wellcome Trust statement that research findings and data relevant to COVID-19 outbreak are shared rapidly and openly to inform the public health response and help save lives.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Each activity may apply for maximum 500 000 NOK.
- The total available funding for the call is 2 000 000 NOK.
- A tentative budget should be included according the template. The budget should display Nordic cooperation.
- The activity should preferably be initiated in 2020.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Representatives of Nordic research performing organisations, public sector, patient organisations or other relevant organisations are eligible to apply.
- Companies may not receive funding from NTA although they may take part in activities at their own costs. An activity should include participants from minimum three Nordic countries.
- The proposal should describe how participants from the Nordic countries will be involved and include a plan for how to disseminate its results.
- The Nordic added value of the results should be made clear. The proposal must describe how it will secure coordination with other ongoing activities at the international, Nordic or national level in order not to overlap or put extra pressure on an already stressed health care system.
- Proposals should be 2-3 A4 pages and include a description of the activity with focus on how it aims to promote COVID-19 research in the Nordic countries. In addition, a CV for the main applicant is allowed, maximum 1 A4 page.
For more information, visit https://nta.nordforsk.org/news/nordic-trial-alliance-invites-proposals-for-nordic-covid-19-activities
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.