Deadline: 1 October 2017
The Norwegian Embassy in Belgrade is seeking proposals from public institutions and international organizations for its “Strengthening EU integration in Macedonia”.
This call aims to provide project-based support within the three priority areas of Norwegian development assistance to Ministries, local governments and public institutions participating in promoting and enhancing EU integration of Macedonia.
The over-all goal of Norway’s assistance to the Western Balkans is to contribute to development of rule of law and stability through initiatives that promote:
- Closer regional cooperation
- Implementation of transitional justice in the region
- Socio-economic development at country level and in the region
- Increased economic growth and competitiveness
- Increased capacity in the field of environment/climate/energy
- Increased social and economic inclusion of marginalised groups
- Good governance
- The rule of law strengthened through capacity-building of courts, prosecuting authorities, independent control bodies and the police
- A more democratic and effective defence sector
- Strong, vibrant and independent civil society and media
- Minorities and marginal groups ensured rights in accordance with international agreements, both formally and in practice
- The fight against organised crime and corruption established as a top priority for the authorities.
Funding & Duration
- Grant requested should be above 100,000 EUR.
- The project implementation period is up to 24 months from the time of approval of application.
- Ministries, local governments, public institutions in Macedonia and international organisations.
- Civil Society Organization (CSO) cannot be applicants in this grant scheme, but they can participate in the project as partners. A separate Call for proposals will be made for CSOs at a later stage.
- Commercial organizations are not eligible for support, but they can participate in the project costs if their services are procured.
How to Apply
- The application consists of the following mandatory documents:
- The application form
- Results framework
- Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Macedonia
For more information, please visit Norwegian Embassy in Belgrade.