Deadline: 15 February 2020
The Norwegian Helsinki Committee is a non-governmental organisation working to ensure that human rights are respected in practice. They do this through monitoring, reporting, teaching and democracy support.
This year, they are particularly interested in proposals focusing on:
- Kazakhstan: Human rights and Freedom of assembly and association
- Kyrgyzstan: Human rights and Rule of law
- Uzbekistan: Human rights and Reform
- Tajikistan: Human rights and Political prisoners
- Turkmenistan: Human rights
- Budgets may vary from a minimum of 1000 USD to a maximum of 9999 USD.
- They particularly encourage newly established organizations to apply.
- Organizations from all five Central Asian republics may apply for support for projects focused on the promotion of human rights and democracy in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- Proposals may be submitted in English or Russian language.
- Please note: Organizations who are currently receiving support from the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) or have received NED support in recent years, are not eligible for this grant.
For more information, visit https://www.nhc.no/en/apply-for-small-grants-fund-central-asia-2020/