The OAK Foundation is seeking applications for its Issues Affecting Women Programme with an aim to contribute to a world in which women are safe from violence and are free to exercise their full and equal human rights, and to build a strong and vibrant movement of women who are empowered individually and collectively to challenge patriarchal norms and tackle the root causes of inequality.
The Foundation supports organizations that work to end patterns of violence and exploitation that disrupt women’s lives by ensuring that rights-based laws and policies guarantee an environment free from violence, and by transforming harmful social norms.
- Movement building
- Ending violence against women
- Trafficking and exploitation
- Intra-familial violence
- Crisis situations
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- adopt a rights-based approach
- recognize women as rights holders and advance the rights of women and gender equality
- have a participatory and empowering approach that places women centre stage, building on their strengths and ensuring their full and equal participation in society
- take an integrated and holistic approach, considering women in the context of their environment and culture as well as understanding the nature and causes of the issues affecting them
- promote systemic changes that hold duty bearers (i.e. governments and institutions) fully accountable for respecting, protecting and fulfilling women’s rights
- contribute to the broader women’s movement by complementing individual and community action with networking and joint advocacy initiatives
- build evidence that contributes to best practices and catalyses innovation
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the letter of enquiry online via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Eligibility Countries: Balkans, Brazil, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mexico, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States, Moldova, Bulgaria, the North Caucasus and (Jharkhand and West Bengal) India.
For more information, please visit Oak Foundation Grants.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.