Deadline: 1 August 2016
The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) announces the availability of funds and award procedures for fiscal year 2017 under the Preferred Communities (PC) Program.
ORR aims to achieve goals (mentioned below) by awarding grants, to well-qualified refugee service providers that operate under cooperative agreements with the Department of State and/or the Department of Homeland Security, to offer a range of reception and placement (R&P) services to refugees and other ORR client populations through a national network of resettlement locations across the United States.
By providing PC funds, ORR intends to facilitate the enhancement of PC Programs, ability to place vulnerable refugees in areas where they are most likely to achieve self-sufficiency and to offer specialized services.
- The successful resettlement and integration of especially vulnerable refugees (and other ORR client populations);
- The enhancement of refugee service providers; capacity to serve such populations at new or established PC locations.
Funding Information: The estimated total program funding is $15,510,907.
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Special district governments
- Independent school districts
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- City or township governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- County governments
- State governments
- Private institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit grants.gov.