Deadline: 1 July 2020
One Young World has launched ‘The bp Net Zero Scholarship‘ to identify and engage with young innovators who are reimaging energy for people and planet today. As bp heads towards net zero, they are committed to listening to, learning from and working with others.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
bp has set an ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero. This means dramatically reducing carbon in the company’s operations and production while growing new low carbon businesses, products and services.
Scholarship recipients will join bp’s delegation to the 2021 One Young World Summit in Munich, where they will meet and exchange ideas with peers from across the business. The scholarship seeks candidates making an impact in one of the following areas:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Advocating for progressive climate policies;
- Enhancing current decarbonised energy technologies such as solar and wind;
- Improving access to energy;
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, cities and industries.
Net Zero Scholars will Receive:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation between 21 – 26 April 2021;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich;
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- Ground transportation between Summit venues;
- Access to bespoke bp programming including: pre-Summit briefing, a bp buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
To deliver their net zero ambition, they are:
- Re-imagining energy for our people and our planet:
- Reducing carbon in our operations;
- Growing new low carbon businesses, products and services;
- Actively advocating for progressive climate policies.
- Reinventing BP
- A fundamental reorganization – possibly the most wide-ranging in over a century;
- Breaking down silos and delayering;
- Increasingly agile and highly integrated;
- Digital at the heart of their business;
- Empowering and supporting their teams.
- Performing while transforming
- Safe and reliable operations at the core of all;
- Continuing to grow sustainable free cash flow and distributions over the long term;
- Maintaining a strong financial frame, including cost and capital discipline and deleveraging.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30;
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship;
- One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change;
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership;
- Understanding of key local and/ or global issues;
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
For more information, visit https://www.oneyoungworld.com/bp-net-zero-scholarship
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.