The European Commission (EC) is offering grants under its Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education Strand 1.
This Strand is designed to attract less experienced HEIs and small-scale actors to the CBHE action to facilitate access to newcomer organisations286. These partnerships should act as a first step for HEIs and organisations with a smaller operational capacity located in third countries not associated to the Programme to access and increase means to reach out to people with fewer opportunities.This Strand will finance small-scale projects to reduce the internationalisation gap among HEIs from eligible third countries not associated to the Programme, from the same country or Region.
In particular, these projects will particularly focus on:
- HEIs from least developed third countries not associated to the Programme;
- HEIs located in remote regions/areas of third countries not associated to the Programme;
- Newcomers or less experienced HEIs and Faculties from third countries not associated to the Programme;
- Students and staff with fewer opportunities.
- Fostering access to cooperation in higher education: Between EUR 200,000 and EUR 400,000 per project
- Projects should normally last 24 or 36 months (extensions are possible, if duly justified and through an amendment).
The applicants (coordinator and partners) must be legal entities:
- higher education institutions (HEIs) or organisations of HEIs;
- established in an EU Member State, in a third country associated to the Programme or in eligible third countries not associated to the Programme.
For more information, visit European Commission.