The Water Research Foundation (WRF) is seeking applications for its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Best Practices for the Water Sector Workforce Project.
This project is funded by The Water Research Foundation (WRF) as part of WRF’s Research Priority Program.
- Identify and provide guidance for best practices in:
- Completing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) assessments (e.g., employee demographic data, employee DE&I understanding and perspectives, current practices, etc.)
- Increasing the awareness of water sector career opportunities across diverse local communities
- Adding and implementing DE&I objectives in workforce development (e.g., recruiting, hiring, evaluations, employee resource groups, retention, promotion, trainings, etc.)
- Establishing and maintaining an equitable and inclusive work environment
- Establishing methods and metrics for reviewing effectiveness of DE&I implementation
- Identify partnerships (e.g., public agencies, private companies, community organizations, universities, disabled persons or non-governmental organizations, etc.) that have been or could be successful in advancing the implementation of DE&I objectives
- Identify relevant case studies from across or beyond the water sector and the key factors that have led to successful implementation of DE&I objectives
This RFP is intentionally flexible in the research approach to encourage creativity and originality from proposers. Proposers should describe how they will conduct the research to meet the objectives listed above, specifically providing clarity in the approach/methods to be used in assessing and determining best practices. Potential research strategies may include, but are not limited to, a literature review, DE&I program case studies, focus groups and/or workshops, and surveys.
- Applicants may request up to $125,000 in WRF funds for this project.
- The anticipated period of performance for this project is up to 18 months from the contract start date.
The deliverables for this project are flexible, and creativity and originality from proposers are encouraged. Example deliverables could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guidance document
- Templates for DE&I practice implementation (e.g., job postings, employee surveys, job descriptions, etc.)
- Literature review
- Research report
- Peer-reviewed journal article
- Webcast, conference presentation, etc.
- Fact sheet, case study, infographic, video, etc.
- Web tool (consider plan for maintenance)
- Workshop (consider plan to document workshop)
Proposals will be accepted from domestic or international entities, including educational institutions, research organizations, governmental agencies, and consultants or other for-profit entities.
For more information, visit Water Research Foundation.