The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria through the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Tbilisi, Georgia, announces a procedure for the acceptance and selection of proposals for projects to be implemented with a grant through the Official Development Assistance of the Republic of Bulgaria, with an initial implementation period in 2023.
- Support for Georgia’s EU integration and development of the bilateral relations. In this regard:
- Promotion of the good reputation and the international prestige of the Republic of Bulgaria;
- Encouragement of democratic processes, based on the values of democracy and rule of law;
- Establishment of transparent, responsible and stable institutions at national, regional and local level, guaranteeing a high level of human rights protection as a precondition for sustainable and progressive development;
- Assistance for quality and accessible education.
- Ensuring inclusive and quality education by improving educational infrastructure and access to education;
- Support for capacity building and development in the area of democratization, good governance and human rights, with special focus on children, women, people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups;
- Minimal amount of the project is 5 000 BGN.
- Recommended maximum amount of the project is: 70 000 BGN.
- Project proposals must contain an indicative start date for the implementation of the project after March 1, 2023 and no later than November 30, 2023.
- Projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2025.
- Promotion of the good reputation and the international prestige of the Republic of Bulgaria, expansion of the opportunities for knowhow transfer between the Republic of Bulgaria and Georgia;
- Enhancement of the interaction between institutions at central, regional and local level, with the aim to ensure high level of human rights protection, rule of law, democracy and good governance;
- Enhancing the socio-economic development and good governance, with the aim to ensure sustainable and inclusive economic growth, to reduce poverty and increase prosperity;
- Quality improvement and enhanced access to education, incl. for the most vulnerable parts of the population;
- Adoption and implementation of good practices and European standards.
- State and local institutions in Georgia;
- Educational institutions – kindergartens, schools, day-care centers, etc.;
- Marginalized and vulnerable groups, with particular emphasis on children, women, people with disabilities, ethnic minorities, etc.;
- Non-governmental organizations, whose projects contribute to implementing the priorities and achieving the goals of the Bulgarian Official Development Aid;
- Others – Organizations, that through their activities will contribute to the international prestige of the Republic of Bulgaria and that specialize on the particular topics of the call for proposals, i.e. human rights protections, education and care vulnerable groups, agriculture and food safety etc.
- Primary and secondary budget spenders – legal entities of Georgia;
- International and local non-governmental organizations;
- Municipalities and their associations;
- Educational, health and social institutions;
- International humanitarian organisations;
- Others – Organizations, that through their activities will contribute to the international prestige of the Republic of Bulgaria and that specialize on the particular topics of the call for proposals.
For more information, visit https://www.mfa.bg/en/embassies/georgia/news/33868