Deadline: 1 March 2020
The Access Fund has announced a Climbing Conservation Grant Program to preserve or enhance climbing access and opportunities and conserve the climbing environment throughout the U.S.
Most grant requests range from $1,000 to $4,000. The Access Fund considers requests for over $10,000, but these projects should have national significance and utilize a high degree of matching funds.
- Applicants welcome applications from local climbing organizations, government agencies, conservation organizations, land trusts, and individuals. Tax exempt 501(c)(3) status is not a prerequisite.
- Grants to Individuals: Individuals are required to report grant money as income. IRS Form 1099 will be issued for all grants in excess of $600. Please consult applicants tax adviser for information regarding their specific reporting requirements.
- Only one proposal from an organization will be considered per year. Applications from organizations that have never received AF funding will be given priority over applications from past grant recipients.
- The fund work that:
- is action-oriented
- builds local climber involvement and support
- is strategic in its targeting and goals
- accomplishes specific goals and objectives that can be effectively measured
- takes place in the United States
- encourages access or enhance opportunities for climbing
- develops knowledge about natural and cultural resource values where the information is used to open climbing areas or mitigate climbing impacts
- reduces climber impacts on natural and cultural resources within the climbing environment
- raises awareness about climber responsibility toward conserving the climbing environment
- is supported by the climbing community
- utilizes matching agency or local funds (ideally this will be at least 50%)
- incorporates a degree of volunteer labor and/or pro bono services
- research projects that increase their scientific understanding of climbing impacts, climber behavior, and economic impacts, and further improve best practices for climbing management. All projects must have a clear plan for distributing and communicating the results.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.accessfund.org/take-action/apply-for-a-grant