Deadline: 1 March 2020
The Access Fund has announced a Climbing Conservation Grant Program to preserve or enhance climbing access and opportunities and conserve the climbing environment throughout the U.S.
Most grant requests range from $1,000 to $4,000. The Access Fund considers requests for over $10,000, but these projects should have national significance and utilize a high degree of matching funds.
- Applicants welcome applications from local climbing organizations, government agencies, conservation organizations, land trusts, and individuals. Tax exempt 501(c)(3) status is not a prerequisite.
- Grants to Individuals: Individuals are required to report grant money as income. IRS Form 1099 will be issued for all grants in excess of $600. Please consult applicants tax adviser for information regarding their specific reporting requirements.
- Only one proposal from an organization will be considered per year. Applications from organizations that have never received AF funding will be given priority over applications from past grant recipients.
- The fund work that:
- is action-oriented
- builds local climber involvement and support
- is strategic in its targeting and goals
- accomplishes specific goals and objectives that can be effectively measured
- takes place in the United States
- encourages access or enhance opportunities for climbing
- develops knowledge about natural and cultural resource values where the information is used to open climbing areas or mitigate climbing impacts
- reduces climber impacts on natural and cultural resources within the climbing environment
- raises awareness about climber responsibility toward conserving the climbing environment
- is supported by the climbing community
- utilizes matching agency or local funds (ideally this will be at least 50%)
- incorporates a degree of volunteer labor and/or pro bono services
- research projects that increase their scientific understanding of climbing impacts, climber behavior, and economic impacts, and further improve best practices for climbing management. All projects must have a clear plan for distributing and communicating the results.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.accessfund.org/take-action/apply-for-a-grant