Applications are now open for KITT4SME Project, an EU-funded project which provides the IT-infrastructure and core AI-based software modules to support the production by SMEs and mid-caps from the manufacturing world.
KITT4SME specifically targets European SMEs and mid-caps, with a role in the manufacturing environment, to introduce artificial intelligence (AI) seamlessly in their production systems. Leveraging the network of Digital Innovation Hubs (DIH), the project ensures that results are scope-tailored, industry-ready and delivered as a modular customizable digital platform.
Seamless adoption of the customized kits is made possible by a Powered by FIWARE infrastructure that flawlessly combines factory systems (such as MES and ERP), Internet of Things (IoT) sensors and wearable devices, robots, collaborative robots and other factory data sources with functional modules capable to trigger data-driven value creation.
The goal of the first round of open call (Type-A) for the KITT4SME project is to provide financial support to third parties for the development of AI-solutions in the broader spectrum of the topic ‘AI for manufacturing’ and their integration into the KITT4SME platform and the registration to the RAMP Marketplace.
The main axes of KITT4SME KITT4SME identifies three main axes as game changers for the target companies:
- Artificial Intelligence for Quality Control that aims in early and automatic error-detection and better run time decisions
- Artificial Intelligence for Reconfiguration or product personalization – on both levels of production optimization and of optimization of scheduling, and
- Artificial Intelligence for Human-Machine Interaction.
The project supports SMEs and mid-caps in growing along one or more of the above-mentioned valuecreation axes pursuing the following high-level objectives:
- To make available ready-to-use easily configurable AI-digital packages for SMEs
- To use artificial intelligence for shop floor orchestration
- To build a competence development centre that advances European workforce
- To extend the offer of local ecosystem
- To support standardisation in the fields of sovereign data economy and characterisation of workers skills and training experiences
The main benefits of the 1st Open Call for the applicants are expected to be:
- to be funded for developing and integrating the proposed solution in the platform and for, possibly, validating their AI component
- to get technical support for interfacing their solutions with FIWARE based platforms and introduce their solution to the KITT4SME architecture and ecosystem;
- to gain visibility through the project’s testing and dissemination activities, through RAMP (if they choose to keep their solution in RAMP) and in the wider I4MS ecosystem;
- to make use of RAMP’s matchmaking functionality (end-users search for solutions that are available through the marketplace via ‘smart search’).
- KITT4SME provides up to €100,000 funding for the AI developer companies to integrate their solutions for the SMEs in manufacturing sector to the KITT4SME platform.
- The duration of the action is fixed and depends on the selected validation option. For actions selecting to opt in it is 15 months and for the ones selecting to opt out it is 12 months.
- Only Applicants legally established/resident in any of the following countries (hereafter collectively identified as the “Eligible Countries”) are eligible:
- The Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU), including their outermost regions;
- The Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to the Member States;
- H2020 associated countries (those which signed an agreement with the Union as identified in Article 7 of the Horizon 2020 Regulation): according to the updated list published by the EC6;
- All applicants will have to abide to all general requirements described in this section to be considered eligible for open calls funding scheme of KITT4SME. All third parties have a maximum limit of EUR 100’000, 00 to be received as Financial Support to third Parties (FSTP) in Smart Anything Everywhere (SAE) and ICT innovation for Manufacturing SMEs (I4MS) initiatives. This rule applies to Type-A Open Call.
- This Open Call is open only to:
- SMEs4 and mid-caps that develop software applications with a background in Artificial Intelligence.
- In addition, the following conditions apply:
- the participating organisations should not have been declared bankrupt or have initiated bankruptcy procedures.
- the organisations (legal representatives) applying should not have convictions for fraudulent behaviour, other financial irregularities, and unethical or illegal business practices.
For more information, visit https://kitt4sme.eu/open-call/