Deadline: 31 October 2019
Applications must fall into one of the following three thematic areas. The project descriptions below each area are examples but applicants’ projects do not necessarily need to resemble any of these specifically.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- HIV Testing & Treatment Access: HIV testing services, home test kit programs, medication delivery, service locators, etc.
- Mental Health Support: Providing counseling and psychological services, peer or group support services, etc.
- Trans Health: Providing and improving access to gender-affirming medical care, providing support for hormone replacement therapy and sex reassignment surgeries.
- Community Power and Affirmation
- Advocacy and Decriminalization: Campaigning, peer-support training, hotline and emergency services, advocacy for the abolition of laws that criminalize being LGBTQI+, pushing comprehensive anti-discrimination laws, etc. Trans Protections, Inclusion, and Empowerment: Campaigning, leadership training and programs, amplifying trans voices, advocating for legal gender recognition, etc.
- Historical Documentation: Collecting, mapping, and preserving queer narratives and oral histories of our movements to be used in advocacy.
- Safety & Security
- Safety and security: Providing security and safety trainings and tools, educational materials, etc.
- Legal Aid: Providing support and legal services, litigation, etc.
- Organizational Capacity Building: Improving organizations’ capacities to perform security assessments and implement protection plans, etc.
Grants are available in the amounts of US$5,000 and US$10,000 to support LGBTIQ+ organizations that are advocating for health, safety, community empowerment in the Middle East-North Africa (Arabic speaking countries).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Organizations must be based in the Middle East-North Africa region (Arabic speaking countries).
- Organizations are eligible if their primary focus is advancing LGBTIQ+ issues.
- Organizations that are not primarily focused on advancing LGBTIQ+ issues are still eligible to apply to fund LGBTIQ+ projects if they are governed, directed, and led by LGBTIQ+ people (e.g. LGBTIQ+ people occupy all or most of leadership roles throughout the various decision-making levels of the group).
- They do not accept requests from individuals.
- They do not accept requests from corporations or organizations whose sole purpose is to generate revenue.
- They do not accept requests proposed for athletic sponsorship, academic research, or travel scholarships, unless it is a part of a project’s main activities.
- They do not accept requests from religious institutions, research institutions, universities, sports teams, arts organizations, government entities, political parties, or election campaigns.
- Organizations and groups do not need to be registered as non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to qualify for their grants. However, they need to be able to receive money via a bank account or have a fiscal sponsor who can.
- Organizations or groups can apply for the two different types of grants ($5,000 and $10,000) but it should be for different projects.
- If applicants choose to deny giving a public recognition to G4E in their project for security reasons that will not affect their opportunity to be selected for the grant.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grindr.com/g4e/20190801-grant-english.pdf
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.