Deadline: 31 October 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Applications must fall into one of the following three thematic areas. The project descriptions below each area are examples but applicants’ projects do not necessarily need to resemble any of these specifically.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- HIV Testing & Treatment Access: HIV testing services, home test kit programs, medication delivery, service locators, etc.
- Mental Health Support: Providing counseling and psychological services, peer or group support services, etc.
- Trans Health: Providing and improving access to gender-affirming medical care, providing support for hormone replacement therapy and sex reassignment surgeries.
- Community Power and Affirmation
- Advocacy and Decriminalization: Campaigning, peer-support training, hotline and emergency services, advocacy for the abolition of laws that criminalize being LGBTQI+, pushing comprehensive anti-discrimination laws, etc. Trans Protections, Inclusion, and Empowerment: Campaigning, leadership training and programs, amplifying trans voices, advocating for legal gender recognition, etc.
- Historical Documentation: Collecting, mapping, and preserving queer narratives and oral histories of our movements to be used in advocacy.
- Safety & Security
- Safety and security: Providing security and safety trainings and tools, educational materials, etc.
- Legal Aid: Providing support and legal services, litigation, etc.
- Organizational Capacity Building: Improving organizations’ capacities to perform security assessments and implement protection plans, etc.
Grants are available in the amounts of US$5,000 and US$10,000 to support LGBTIQ+ organizations that are advocating for health, safety, community empowerment in the Middle East-North Africa (Arabic speaking countries).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Organizations must be based in the Middle East-North Africa region (Arabic speaking countries).
- Organizations are eligible if their primary focus is advancing LGBTIQ+ issues.
- Organizations that are not primarily focused on advancing LGBTIQ+ issues are still eligible to apply to fund LGBTIQ+ projects if they are governed, directed, and led by LGBTIQ+ people (e.g. LGBTIQ+ people occupy all or most of leadership roles throughout the various decision-making levels of the group).
- They do not accept requests from individuals.
- They do not accept requests from corporations or organizations whose sole purpose is to generate revenue.
- They do not accept requests proposed for athletic sponsorship, academic research, or travel scholarships, unless it is a part of a project’s main activities.
- They do not accept requests from religious institutions, research institutions, universities, sports teams, arts organizations, government entities, political parties, or election campaigns.
- Organizations and groups do not need to be registered as non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to qualify for their grants. However, they need to be able to receive money via a bank account or have a fiscal sponsor who can.
- Organizations or groups can apply for the two different types of grants ($5,000 and $10,000) but it should be for different projects.
- If applicants choose to deny giving a public recognition to G4E in their project for security reasons that will not affect their opportunity to be selected for the grant.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grindr.com/g4e/20190801-grant-english.pdf
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.