The Asfari Foundation is seeking applications for Youth Learning, Enterprise, and Innovation Programme (YLEAP).
This programme supports the development of entrepreneurship ecosystems in the Levant region, offering youth-driven social solutions the support needed from ideation to impact investment. It also supports the development of new lifelong learning solutions which includes IT upskilling opportunities and innovation in edtech.
- The objectives of the programme are:
- To respond to the challenges and opportunities brought by the fourth industrial revolution technologies through offering IT upskilling opportunities to young people in the Levant and connecting them to global markets.
- To encourage the creation of innovative learning solutions which supplements traditional education and responds to the demands of the world of work.
- To promote entrepreneurship skills and to reduce the obstacles faced by young entrepreneurs in the Levant, including improving access to entrepreneurship programming outside major cities; finance and markets; and mentorship.
- To strengthen existing entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems, encouraging collaboration between actors to help achieve impact at scale.
- Organisation must focus on at least one of the following themes:
- IT skills development
- Developing new learning solutions
- Promoting and supporting entrepreneurship
- Funding can be used for OD (up to £50K) AND you can apply for extra funding specifically for Innovation (up to £25K) in addition to the OD funding.
- Organisation must be:
- Charity, Not-for-profit, Non-governmental organisation or Social enterprise (minimum investing 50% of profit back in the organisation)
- Registered in Lebanon, Palestine, Israel or Jordan (or Syrian organisations registered abroad yet benefiting Levantine populations)
- Has a Lebanese, Palestinian, Jordanian, or Syrian founder.
Note: for both CSP and YLEAP, small to medium-sized organisations with an average of E100k -£750k budget will be prioritised (but larger organisations very welcome to apply)
For more information, visit https://www.asfarifoundation.org.uk/what-we-do/yleap/