Deadline: 31 December 2020
The Open Society Institute branch of the international organization, the Assistance Fund in Tajikistan has announced a 2020 Grant Trip Competition.
The grant competition for travel to foster contacts among civil society representatives to strengthen the promotion of the values of the “open society” and establish international cooperation among public organizations, civic activists and human rights defenders.
Open Society Institute – The Assistance Foundation in Tajikistan is part of the international network of Open Society Foundations that promote the establishment and development of democratic societies whose governments are accountable to their citizens. To achieve this goal, the Foundations promote public policies that ensure justice in the legal and economic spheres and respect human rights.
Terms of participation in the competition:
- only citizens of the Republic of Tajikistan can participate in the competition;
- applications for participation in the competition for international events are accepted 1.5 months before the event;
- the presence of a speech, presentation or report;
- the relevance of the issues presented related to civil society, social activism, and freedom of expression;
- expenses related only to transportation and accommodation;
- coverage of the results of the return trip.
The competition does not support:
- participation in events in the field of sports, tourism, and business;
- industrial and scientific business trips;
- travel by private invitation;
- trips to defend dissertations;
- trips to participate in language courses and trainings.
For more information, visit https://grants.osiaf.tj/competitions/show/67