The Parkes Shire Council is seeking applications for its Sports Grants Program to increase regular and ongoing participation opportunities in sport and to improve the sporting infrastructure within the Parkes Shire.
There are two distinct project types within the Participation and Facility Program, these being:
- Participation projects –that deliver a sport or physical activity participation experience to an identified group of people, and;
- Facility development projects –building new or upgrading sport and recreation facilities to support increased participation.
- Together Parkes Shire Council and Northparkes Mines will provide $30,000each for a total of $60,000per year, which will be available for distribution to successful projects over two rounds. Terms and conditions will be as per an MOU between Parkes Shire Council and Northparkes Mine.
- Organisations may apply for multiple projects or project types; however, the maximum available to any one organisation is $30,000 in a financial year. The amount organisations request should reflect the scale of the project.
- Projects that include purchase of equipment or construction of facilities, where the cost is $2000 or more, may be eligible for a reduction of the GST component of the cost under Parkes Shire Council’s CommunityInfrastructure Purchasing Policy.
- There will be two rounds of application each year offering a minimum of $15,000for each type of project or $30,000for each round or $60,000in total.
- Unallocated funds are carried over and added to the next round.
- Incorporated, sports based not-for-profit organisations.
- Applicants must be located in the Parkes Shire area.
- Educational institutions including schoolsand their P & Cs.
Who is not Eligible to Apply?
- Individuals, groups of individuals and unincorporated organisations.
- For profit, commercial organisations.
- Government departments and agencies.
- Projects or organisations that are for religious or political activities, events or appeals.
For more information, visit https://www.parkes.nsw.gov.au/your-council/grants-funding/councils-grants-programs/sporting-grants/