Deadline: 31 October 2019
This is a new opportunity for journalists in the early and mid stages of their career looking for the chance to develop their skills in reporting in global media standards and working in international teams on cross-border issues where countries of the Central Asia are involved in order to enhance their professional network in this region.
This programme will involve the following activities: workshops on basic journalistic skills on reporting in global media standards, and field exercise where working in teams and with a support of experienced mentors participants could practice developing cross-border projects. Participants may undertake 1-3 days short-research trips in Central Asia for better understanding issues in the region.
For successful candidates travel, accommodation and other small costs will be covered by the Perspektivy programme including agreed costs of the research trips.
Perspektivy is a professional development programme for journalists and editors from Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia. It is supported by the Robert Bosch Stiftung, the Fritt Ord Foundation and the Thomson Reuters Foundation.
The programme draws on the extensive experiences of its three partners, the Robert Bosch Stiftung, the Fritt Ord Foundation and the Thomson Reuters Foundation. It targets talented journalists in the early stage of their careers, mid-career journalists as well as senior editors.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Journalists will be given the opportunity to attend training workshops, apply for grants to support their work, receive mentoring from journalists with extensive experience concerning particular regions or themes, attend seminars and conferences and network with other journalists.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Perspektivy has the following core aims:
- To strengthen regional expertise and professional journalistic standards across the region, from the remotest areas of Siberia to the Baltic states and nations in Central Asia;
- To reflect upon the ethical underpinnings of the journalistic profession;
- To internationalise participating journalists and connect them with one another;
- To contribute to mutual regional and international understanding.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Middle and early-career Russian-speaking journalists and freelancers working in Russia, Eastern Europe, Baltic States, Caucasus, and Central Asia who did not participate in any of the Perspektivy programme activities before;
- With 3-17 years of professional experience and who work and produce stories in Russian.
- 6-20 November 2019 – distance (video-conferences and chats) team work on projects topics discussions and research trips planning together with the Perspektivy mentors and Alumni based in Central Asia;
- 20-23 November 2019 – workshops on reporting regional issues in global media standards;
- 23 November 2019 – teams meet up and working on projects with a support of the Perspektivy mentors;
- 24-26 November 2019 – dates of the research trips, agreed costs are subject to reimbursement by the Perspektivy programme;
- 27 November 10 December 2019 – distance phase to produce projects.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovak Republic, Ukraine, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Russia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia , Turkey, Kazakhstan,Uzbekistan,Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan.
For more information, please visit http://www.perspektivy.media/whats-happening/i/?id=6652942c-69a3-456c-a45d-ee2c74ce36db