Deadline: 30 April 2017
Applications are open for “Patagonia’s Environmental Grants Program” to support small, grassroots, activist organizations with provocative direct-action agendas, working on multi-pronged campaigns to preserve and protect environment.
Patagonia help local groups working to protect local habitat, and think the individual battles to protect a specific stand of forest, stretch of river or indigenous wild species are the most effective in raising more complicated issues particularly those of biodiversity and ecosystem protection in the public mind.
Patagonia funds only environmental work, most interestingly in making grants to organizations that identify and work on the root causes of problems and that approach issues with a commitment to long-term change.
Grant size ranges between $2,500 – $15,000.
- is action-oriented
- builds public involvement and support
- is strategic
- focuses on root causes
- accomplishes specific goals and objectives
- is happening in these countries only: United States, Canada, Japan, Chile, Argentina, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Luxembourg, Italy, Ireland, Germany, France, Denmark, Belgium, Austria, Australia and the Czech Republic.
- Organizations with 501(c)(3) status or a comparable fiscal sponsor are eligible.
- general environmental education efforts
- land acquisition, land trusts or conservation easements
- research, unless it is in direct support of a developed plan for specific action to alleviate an environmental problem
- environmental conferences
- endowment funds
- political campaigns
- green building projects
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Environmental Grants Program.