The State Government of Victoria is seeking applications for its Peri-urban Community Deer Grants to minimise the impact of deer in Victoria.
The Peri-urban Community Deer Grants are a funding program to assist community groups with works on private and public land within the Peri-urban Deer Control Plan boundary.
The grants complement investment in deer control through Victorian Deer Control Program grants to public land managers for 2022-2023 that aim to reduce deer impacts on biodiversity, agriculture, cultural and water values and public safety, and by increasing knowledge, capacity, partnerships and community collaboration.
- Impacts of deer on key environmental, agricultural and Aboriginal cultural heritage and water values and public safety are reduced.
- Deer control is more effective through partnerships and community collaboration.
- Awareness, understanding and capacity to control deer is increased.
- The Peri-urban Community Deer Grants is a $250,000 program.
- The maximum funding a project can request from the Peri-urban Community Deer Grants is $50,000.
- Protect high value biodiversity.
- Protect areas of cultural sensitivity.
- Protect water quality.
- Protect agricultural enterprises impacted by deer.
- Increase public safety by reducing deer collisions.
- Increase knowledge, collaboration, and partnerships
- Victorian environmental community-based groups and networks that have a focus on environmental conservation work are eligible to apply, examples include:
- Not for profit environmental organisations
- Aboriginal groups and organisations, land councils, trusts and co-operatives working on-country networks etc.
- To be eligible, applicants must be either:
- An incorporated association registered through Consumer Affairs Victoria or other state incorporating agency; or
- Registered as a not-for-profit organisation with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
- An incorporated association registered through the Office of the Registrar of Indigenous Corporations.
- Located in or delivering actions within the peri-urban boundary, in the following Local Government Areas:
- Yarra Ranges
- The following organisations and individuals cannot apply for funding:
- Government agencies, statutory bodies or authorities – all tiers
- Private sector businesses, agencies and industry bodies
- Educational institutions
- Catchment Management Authorities
- Water authorities
For more information, visit https://www.environment.vic.gov.au/grants/peri-urban-community-deer-grants