The Pride Foundation Australia (PFA) board of directors is pleased to announce the new funding round to a total value of $30,000.
This grant is focused on supporting LGBTQIA+ people and communities impacted by natural disasters in Australia. This is in recognition that ‘Disaster impacts are heightened for LGBTI people, as the destruction of home is the destruction of the safe place away from judgement’.
- This may be a partnership with local community organisations however must be led and/or co-designed by LGBTQIA+ people or organisations. Projects should aim to assist LGBTQIA+ people in any of the following areas:
- Enhancing support for community connection
- Supporting safe home environments
- Improving health and wellbeing
- Enhancing cultural engagement and development
- Supporting links to LGBTIQ services and supports
- Improving LGBTQIA+ inclusive practice in emergency services.
- Project applications of up to $5,000
Projects may have a duration of up to one year and include any of the following:
- Community development, or
- Health and wellbeing initiatives, or
- Events including arts and cultural or conferences
- Education and training initiatives.
For more information, visit https://pridefoundation.org.au/grant-disaster-support-for-lgbtqia-people-and-communities/