Deadline: 2 June 2020
The Regional Performing Arts Touring program supports performing arts to reach regional and remote communities across Australia. Grants are available to support the net touring costs associated with a national tour. There is no limit on the amount that can be requested.
You can apply for:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Interstate net touring costs, including freight, transport, accommodation and travel allowances outside of your home state
- A contribution towards tour coordination expenses.
You can’t apply for the following activity:
- Touring costs in your home state
- Projects where the performers and artistic personnel are not paid at Award rates
- Projects that are to tour an international production
- Touring projects that only include capital city or metropolitan presentations
- Touring projects that do not include three or more interstate locations
- Touring projects that only include presentations in schools
- Tour dates that have already taken place
- Projects with a budget in surplus.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Council accepts applications from individuals and organisations.
You can’t apply for a grant if:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- You received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
- You owe money to the Australia Council.
Your application will be assessed by a panel of peers. The peers will be representative of a range of areas relevant to performing arts touring, including:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Regional audience engagement and presentation
- Performing arts production
- Tour coordination and management.
Peers will assess your application against the following four criteria:
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The regional and remote coverage proposed by the itinerary.
- The artists and the arts workers involved the project
- The quality of proposed work
- The calibre of the company, including demonstrated evidence of good organisational planning, governance and management.
- The plans to develop audiences and/or meet audience demand in the proposed locations
- Experiences offered to regional and remote communities – including audience attendance and where appropriate other participation activities, such as workshops and master classes
- Appropriate levels of engagement and partnerships developed with presenters to achieve audience goals.
- Evidence of a realistic and accurate budget
- Evidence of home state
- The chosen itinerary is the most efficient and logical trajectory for the tour keeping in mind the overall wellbeing of touring party whilst on the road
- Appropriate level of support from other sources
- Capacity to deliver the project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, visit https://www.australiacouncil.gov.au/funding/funding-index/playing-australia-regional-performing-arts-touring-fund/