Deadline: 1 February 2019
Priority will be given to projects that study, in their natural habitat, the least known and most endangered species. The involvement of citizens from the country in which the primates are found will be a plus. The intent is to provide support for original research that can be used to formulate and to implement conservation plans for the species studied.
Grants have averaged approximately $2,500, with a maximum grant of $5,000.
- Primate Conservation, Inc. will grant seed monies or provide matching grants for graduate students, qualified conservationists and primatologists to study rare and endangered primates and their conservation in their natural habitat.
- PCI does not support conferences, travel to scientific meetings, legal actions, tuitions or salaries at institutions, and overhead costs.
- Proposals are evaluated on competitive basis.
- Applications are screened by outside reviewers and the Board of Directors of PCI.
- All appropriate projects will be considered, but the regions of current interest are Asia and West Africa.
How to Apply
- Grant applicants should fill out the cover sheet and institutional agreement forms (one page each).
- Proposals are to be submitted typed, double spaced, in English and limited to 20 pages total.
- Please submit three copies of the complete proposal (All items). Applicants email a digital copy of the proposal with their last name and country in the file name.
- Applications must be submmited via email in an MS .doc file or RTF at the address given on the website.
Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, the island of Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome and Principe and Togo, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
For more information, please visit PCI.