Deadline: 9 March 2020
Are you a creative person between the ages of 15-30, or a member of an organisation that works with young people with a project idea that will inspire your peers to open their minds and get engaged in a more inclusive society? If yes, then apply for the Next Generation Call 2020.
The Prince Claus Fund is looking for proposals for original and innovative arts projects by and for young people in DAC-listed countries in South, South East and Central Asia, Asia Pacific and Eastern Europe (see list of eligible countries below). The Fund’s Next Generation Programme supports initiatives by and for young people that expand their worlds. The programme is designed to amplify the voices of young people and create safe spaces where they can use arts and culture to imagine and explore different ways of being.
Prince Claus Fund encourage projects from arts organisations, collectives, creative hubs, artists and cultural practitioners working in disciplines including visual arts, photography, film-making, theatre, literature, and digital media. They especially encourage projects with an experimental approach that allow young people to engage in:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- developing a wide range of narratives about possible identities, particularly those censored or marginalised for political, religious, cultural, economic or other reasons;
- creating safe spaces where young artists, participants and audiences can safely explore and develop their identities;
- helping young women and men to creatively and confidently challenge restrictive gender-norms.
- The Prince Claus Fund supports projects with a financial range up to €20,000.
- Projects must begin after July 2020, and must last a maximum of one year.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
This call only covers project related costs and capacity strengthening expenses, and not running (operating) costs for organisations.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The project works with and for young people through arts and culture.
- Support will only be given to individual persons or organisations living, registered and working in eligible countries in Asia and Eastern Europe. Individuals applying for the call must be citizens of one of the countries.
- In the case of a collaborative project with individuals or organisations from outside the listed countries, the above criteria apply to the main applicant.
- Projects undertaken for credit as part of university or other education are not eligible.
- Previous grantees of the Prince Claus Fund may not apply for a new grant unless the previous project that they have received is finished and closed before the submission deadline for this call.
Criteria for Selection of Applications
- Quality : Assessing the grantee’s methodology and the artistic/cultural quality of the proposed project.
How does the project respond to the aims of this call? What is the artistic/cultural value of the proposed project? Are the expected results of the project specific, achievable and realistic? Is the project implemented within specific deadlines? Is the applicant (organisation or individual) capable of implementing the project in terms of experience and talent?
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Contextual relevance: Assessing the proposal’s significance and importance to the cultural sector as well as to young people and their community and society in which the project takes place.
What is the project’s relevance to the cultural sector and the context of youth? How does the project engage young people in a meaningful way? How does the activity contribute to identity expression for young people? Does the project address current events and issues facing young people? What spin-offs or impact will the proposed activities create? Does the project have the potential to be developed further and to inspire others?
- Innovation: Assessing the contribution the proposed activity would make to its field or genre and its potential for impact in the local context.
To what extent does the project demonstrate originality and new approaches in its content and approach? Does it open up possibilities for dialogue and/or new interpretations of identity, gender roles, social and artistic environments? Does the project offer new insights? Are applicants using new tools/media, networks and other forms of expression appropriate for young people?
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Cost: Assessing whether the proposed project’s costs correspond to the output of the project.
Is the budget reasonable and suited to the project’s objectives? Is the proposed expenditure justified and realistic?
- Intake (27 January – 9 March 2020): The Next Generation Programme Committee of the Prince Claus Fund (Programme Committee) screens proposals in order to verify whether they fall within the criteria for consideration.
- Evaluation of Applications by the Next Generation Programme Committee (early-April 2020): The Programme Committee evaluates all applications according to the following criteria: Quality, Innovation, Contextual Relevance and Costs. A shortlist is produced on the basis of this evaluation.
- Research and Approval/Rejection (early-April – early June 2020): The short-listed proposals will be assessed and opinions gathered from independent experts. Although applicants provide references, the Prince Claus Fund always seeks additional independent and objective opinions for each proposal. Based on the results of this phase, the Programme Committee approves or rejects a proposal.
- Reporting, Evaluation and Communications : Once approved, the applicant is notified about the amount of financial support. A contract is drafted and signed by both the applicant and the Prince Claus Fund. The grantees are announced on the Prince Claus Fund’s website. Timely reporting and communication are preconditions for continued support.
How to Apply
Download and complete the Next Generation application form in English from the Prince Claus Fund website. Along with the completed application form, applicants may send links to samples of their work through sites such as YouTube or Vimeo by copying the link directly into the application form. Photos and documents can also be attached to the application form.
Please send applications with supporting materials at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cambodia, China (People’s Republic of), Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Fiji, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Palau, Philippines, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna
For more information, visit https://princeclausfund.org/the-next-generation-2020
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.