Yesod is seeking applications for the Professional Development Fund to support Jewish community professionals and educators in Europe to develop their professional skills and knowledge.
- Professional skills development – grow your personal toolkit of professional skills that are critical for success. Examples include (but are not limited to) courses for pedagogy, public speaking, experiential education, fundraising and budgeting.
- Peer visits – travel to visit a peer organization in another community and learn from their best practices as well as develop stronger networks for collaboration. Applicants may know where and who to visit at the time of their application, or may request help from Yesod as to where to go.
- One-to-One Coaching – work one-to-one with a professional coach in order to improve your skills, for example, in strategic planning, communication, fundraising, assertiveness, negotiation skills, management, and work-life balance.
- Work in a paid, professional capacity for 16 hours a week or more, in Jewish organizations of all types, that work with, and to develop, Jewish communities. This could include, but is not limited to youth organizations, Jewish Community Centres (JCCs), synagogues, schools, welfare and cultural organizations.
- Are based in a European country. Unfortunately, they are unable to accept applications from the Former Soviet Union outside of the Baltic states.
- Have at least 6 months of experience working professionally in the Jewish community.
- Have not already had a successful application to this fund in the past 12 months.
- Funds will not be granted for training/learning opportunities that have already taken place or for those that are already supported in other ways by the partner organisations.
For more information, visit https://yesodeurope.eu/yesod-professional-development-fund-2/