Deadline: 12 August 2016
The U.S. Consulate General Public Affairs Section in Kolkata is seeking proposals from eligible U.S and Indian organisations for a project entitled “Working Together to Combat Human Trafficking: Anti TIP Conclave 6”.
The proposed two-day Conclave will address the lack of coordinated efforts in addressing this problem by bringing together key stakeholders from NGOs, government, business houses, law enforcement agencies, civil society organizations and the legal fraternity to encourage increased networking and cooperation to tackle human trafficking.
- Domestic and bonded labor trafficking
- Child protection issues
- Impact of floods and natural disasters
- Lack of training facilities for government and law enforcement
- Timely coordination between anti human trafficking units
- NGOs, law enforcement agencies and the judiciary
- The role of CSR in addressing exploitative child labor issues
- Developing marketable skills for the vulnerable community
- Proposals should be based on the framework of a two-day conference to include a networking reception and not more than ten panels/ workshop sessions featuring a maximum of 50 speakers/presenters.
- Proposals must cover the myriad of expenses associated with such a conclave, from the development of the conference agenda and securing the participation of expert speakers, to organizing and paying for airfare, transportation and hotel logistics. Proposal should include all relevant administrative and logistical costs.
- At the end of the conference, the awardee will work together with the experts to present a short list of practical recommendations that will be shared with local government, policymakers and key stakeholders to co-construct a strategic plan of action for joint interventions and integration of anti-trafficking initiatives.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- U.S. or Indian organization are eligible to apply
- Eligibility is open to all non-profit, non-governmental organizations.
- Individuals are not eligible for an award.
- Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- The awardee must have a proven track record of organizing conclaves or conferences on trafficking or related issues.
- The awardee’s expertise, knowledge and understanding of the kind of programs and activities that work or do not work in the Indian context, while addressing a sensitive issue such as trafficking, would be an important consideration in the selection of the final award.
- They must have the expertise and ability to identify key stakeholders and develop a series of sessions that will help to address key issues.
- They must have experience working with a strong network of local contacts and influencers in a range of areas including but not limited to policy makers, the legal community, activists, the corporate sector media and youth leaders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in partnership with local organizations and seek additional funding will also be considered a positive.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit grants.gov.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.