The Public Affairs Section (PAS) at the U.S. Embassy in Lilongwe, Malawi of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions to support exchange between the U.S. and Malawi with the aim of improving mutual respect and understanding between the people of the two countries.
The Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program supports projects with the following themes and initiatives:
- American culture/society
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Women/girls empowerment
- Youth leadership development
- Human rights and civil society development
- Democracy, transparency in governance, and rule of law
- Science and technology
- Educational initiatives
PAS will consider proposals up to $100,000, projects that are smaller in scope are more likely to be considered.
- Minimum Individual Award Amount: $1,000
- Maximum Individual Award Amount: $100,000
- PAS encourages applications from organizations located in Malawi, the U.S., or abroad:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations with at least two years of programming experience
- Educational institutions
- Only projects that take place in Malawi will be considered. PAS encourages applicants to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of the proposed project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their proposals at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.