The Public Affairs Section (PAS) at the U.S. Embassy in Lilongwe, Malawi of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
PAS awards a limited number of grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions to support exchange between the U.S. and Malawi with the aim of improving mutual respect and understanding between the people of the two countries.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program supports projects with the following themes and initiatives:
- American culture/society
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Women/girls empowerment
- Youth leadership development
- Human rights and civil society development
- Democracy, transparency in governance, and rule of law
- Science and technology
- Educational initiatives
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
PAS will consider proposals up to $100,000, projects that are smaller in scope are more likely to be considered.
- Minimum Individual Award Amount: $1,000
- Maximum Individual Award Amount: $100,000
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- PAS encourages applications from organizations located in Malawi, the U.S., or abroad:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations
- Civil society/non-governmental organizations with at least two years of programming experience
- Educational institutions
- Only projects that take place in Malawi will be considered. PAS encourages applicants to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of the proposed project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their proposals at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.