Deadline: 7 April 2020
Puerto Rico Science Technology and Research Trust has announced the COVID-19 RAPID Grant with an aim to support projects that will improve our understanding and available control measures for COVID-19.
The mission of the Puerto Rico Science Technology and Research Trust (the Trust) is to invest, facilitate and build capacity to continually advance Puerto Rico’s economy and its citizens’ well-being through innovation-driven enterprises, science and technology, and its industrial base.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Trust’s RAPID funding mechanism is used for proposals having a severe urgency with regard to the availability of, or access to data, facilities or specialized equipment, including quick-response research on natural or anthropogenic disasters and similar unanticipated events.
Priority will be given to research that will lead to immediate action and response to promote prevention, risk reduction, positive health outcomes, and the development of the infrastructure required to minimize the transmission and impact of the virus.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
To be eligible for funding, projects must be presented in one of the following strategic activities:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Pathogenesis of the disease
- Patterns COVID-19 replication and excretion
- Host factors (cardiovascular, diabetes, pulmonary, genetics, etc.) predisposing people groups to more severe disease
- Pathophysiology and immunopathology of the disease and its complications
- Innate, cellular and humoral immune response
- Infectious disease and transmission dynamics
- Methods to comprehend the determinants of the spread of infectious diseases and the impact of control strategies
- Local population risk factors, comorbidities and susceptibility factors
- Molecular epidemiology
- Development of models regarding public health mitigation measures that could be effective for control or long-term protection
- Novel assays and logistics for contact tracing and early and prompt detection of the disease
- Clinical Research
- Define and understand the natural history of the disease
- Optimizing clinical management
- Population cohort studies including selected vulnerable groups
- Supportive and specific treatment impact in moderate and severe cases, including clinical recovery and outcomes
- Detection of novel targets for treating the disease
- Repurposing of drugs for treating the disease
- Mental health and social sciences
- Assessing the social and economic impact of the disease
- Concerns related to clinical appraisal of medical countermeasures
- Operational response at the governmental or health systems levels
- Impacts of social distancing, curfew, etc., on mental health in general or in specific groups like elderly
- Effective health communications and behavioral modification campaigns
- Cyberinfrastructure and solutions
- Data, artificial intelligence and/or software infrastructure development activities that address COVID-19 challenges
- Research & Development
- Innovative personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Sample swabs
- Reagents and assays for virus detection
- Point-of-care or rapid, sensitive, and specific diagnostic test or devices
- Technologies to kill viruses
Requests may be for up to $100K and of one-year duration.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The COVID-19 RAPID grant is open to researchers in public and private universities, colleges, and affiliated non-profit research institutions located in Puerto Rico. Startups and established companies based in Puerto Rico are also invited to apply.
- This RFP should focus on helping Puerto Rico respond to and advance knowledge on the COVID-19 epidemic.
For more information, visit https://prsciencetrust.org/research-grants-program/
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.