Deadline: 12 July 2019
The NextGen Committee of the Ray C. Anderson Foundation has issued a call for proposals for one $100,000 grant to fund work in the 2020 calendar year for new or existing programs that will help to reduce global warming, whether through direct carbon avoidance, climate communication, climate education, industry engagement, or otherwise.
The Ray C. Anderson Foundation is a private family foundation committed to advancing the legacy of its namesake by supporting environmental sustainability initiatives. Ray’s five grandchildren, along with their spouses, comprise the NextGen Committee of the Foundation, which makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees for worthwhile grants and initiatives.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Foundation intends to award one $100,000 grant to the organization with the best proposal, to fund work during the 2020 calendar year.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Proposal MUST be submitted by an organization based in the United States and recognized as a 501(c)(3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service (with the organization’s tax determination letter included as an attachment).
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The NextGen Committee will primarily judge proposals on their potential to help reverse global warming. The committee will secondarily consider the collateral social and environmental benefits of the project. Examples of projects could include:
- Reduction of C02e
- Strong proposals of this kind will demonstrate high-quality estimations of direct carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) reductions. The Environmental Protection Agency has a greenhouse gas equivalencies calculator that may be useful in calculating these estimations. An organization may prefer to utilize a different CO2e calculator or estimate carbon savings in other ways. As long as an organization’s methodology for such estimations is clearly stated, applicants may utilize any tools they wish.
- Climate Communication and Education
- Strong proposals of this kind will engage audiences to respond to climate change in their own distinct ways, or will be dedicated to education or research toward solving largescale barriers to climate action. The Yale Program on Climate Change Communication could be a helpful resource for projects like this.
- Corporate engagement to advance climate goals
- Strong proposals of this kind will focus on corporate engagement and will seek to influence businesses in their key climate change related practices in order to mitigate negative environmental impacts.
- Other compelling proposals that help to reverse global warming in ways not mentioned above will also be considered.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Interested applicants must apply online via the given website.
Eligible Country: United States
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.raycandersonfoundation.org/nextgengrant2019