Deadline: 31 August 2019
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lumpur announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out a three-day regional TechCamp on countering disinformation.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The U.S. Embassy in Kuala Lumpur plans to organize a regional TechCamp to encourage collaborative efforts and strategic partnerships among civil society, journalists, media, and key influencers to combat disinformation.
The focus will be to empower digital citizens and journalists to work together tocombat disinformation online and on social messaging apps. The goals of this TechCamp are to find innovative ways and tools to strengthen media literacy skills among the public and strengthen journalists’ ability to conduct strong, efficient, and effective professional journalism.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Participants and Audiences
The regional TechCamp is open to individuals working on projects or pursuing careers related to journalism, media or digital education as well as youth, civil society, and religious leaders that deal with digital misinformation.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Priority Region: ASEAN
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $100,000
- Award Ceiling: $100,000
- Award Floor: $20,000
PAS Kuala Lumpur will select an organization to deliver the following:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Design and implement a three-day regional TechCamp to be held in Penang between January and March 2020. The camp should 1) provide the training and skills needed to counter disinformation, 2) build upon prior public, private, and civil society activities around the topic of countering disinformation in Southeast Asia
- Manage the recruitment, application and selection process. Collaborate with PAS Kuala Lumpur to select 50 participants – 30 from Malaysia and the remaining participants from other ASEAN countries
- Create and implement a logistics plan that includes airfare, lodging, and food for all participants and trainers to come to Malaysia for a 4 night, 3 day residential Regional TechCamp
- Collaborate with PAS Kuala Lumpur to select a mix of local experts and trainers from Malaysia, the wider Southeast Asian region, and the U.S. Partner organization will coordinate their travels, accommodation, and per diem.
- Work with, mentor and fund groups of TechCamp participants to implement their follow-on activities/programs from the camp. $20,000 will be set aside for this purpose
- Create and implement a plan for monitoring and evaluation of participants during and after completion of the workshop and describe how the program’s outcomes will achieve the specific objectives described in the proposal
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=318973