Deadline: 15 October 2018
The Foundation for a Smoke-Free World is seeking proposals to develop and implement the means to (1) critically evaluate industry progress, and (2) assess actions taken to undermine progress toward a smoke-free world.
Findings and analyses will be reported in an annually published Smoke-Free Index© report starting in the first half of 2020. Their goal is to impact the transformation of the entire global tobacco industry and nicotine ecosystem. The awarded grantee(s) of this RFP will provide quantifiable evidence of how companies are supporting industry transformation – or impeding it.
The purpose of the Foundation for a Smoke-Free World is to improve global health by ending smoking in this generation. Ending smoking means eliminating the use of cigarettes and other forms of combustible tobacco worldwide. As the foundation pursues this goal, it will also identify and provide support to address the unique needs of the developing world associated with global efforts to end smoking.
The Foundation will use a two-phased approach to the awarding of this RFP. From the Expression of Interest, the Foundation will select several research organizations to proceed with full proposal development. The Foundation will then evaluate the submitted proposals and choose up to three organizations to execute the program.
Upon contract award, their intention is to fund this program for multiple years. The Foundation will evaluate the progress of the program and the quality of each research organization’s contribution for consideration of future award extensions.
- The foundation seeks proposals from research organizations interested in participating in and capable of executing such a program.
- Eligibility requirements are:
- Research capabilities covering company analytics and population surveys
- Global research presence, including in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs)
- Adequate resources (quantity and type) to satisfy project scope and timeline
- Documented quality assurance processes
- Breadth and depth of stakeholder relationships for the purpose of creating the oversight advisory panel and expert committees
- Independence from tobacco and e-cigarette companies
The following criteria will be used to evaluate submissions:
- Alignment with the Foundation’s mission to eliminate smoking globally within a generation
- Technology expertise and prior experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform on similar projects
- Cost and timeline
- Probability of meeting the objectives of the RFP
- Potential for further scale-up (either internally or in collaboration with partners)
- Key organizational documents provided to the Foundation as part of their due diligence process
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Request for Proposals.