The Criminal Justice Coordinating Council (CJCC) is designated by the Governor of Georgia as the State Administering Agency for criminal justice and victims’ assistance programs.
Created by the General Assembly, CJCC is comprised of twenty-seven members representing various components of the criminal justice system.
- Efforts should demonstrate a focus on resources that will ensure the safety of citizens within the local jurisdictions served by first responders applying under this solicitation. Priority will be given to applicants who:
- Meet eligibility for equity funding set by the One Georgia Authority; and
- Demonstrate that funds for equipment are not available from other grant programs or other fund sources
- Available Funding: Approximately $375,000 Multiple awards with a maximum dollar amount of $20,000 per agency
- Please limit requests to a minimum dollar amount of $5,000.
- Award Period: Each award is one year (12 months) in length
Use of Funds
- Funds may be used to support the purchase of equipment, supplies, technology and other materials directly related to first responder functions, i.e. duty equipment or supplies necessary to respond to calls for service. Please not that installation and maintenance can also be included as part of the request.
Unallowable Use of Funds
- Luxury vehicles
- UAV (drones)
- Exercise and recreational equipment
- Promotional items such as gifts and souvenirs
Applicants are limited to units of local government in the State of Georgia (county and city governments) to apply on behalf of first responder agencies. For the purpose of this grant award, first responder agencies are defined as entities funded by a unit of local government who are among the first to arrive and provide assistance at the scene of an emergency. This includes law enforcement, fire services, paramedicine, and EMTs. If an award is made, it must be administered by a unit local government. Priority will be given to applicants who are located in counties who fully meet the eligibility for equity funding per the One Georgia Authority guidelines.
For more information, visit https://cjcc.georgia.gov/grants/funding-opportunities/current-grant-opportunities