The European Commission (EC) is accepting proposals for promoting Union organic products OR sustainability of Union agriculture in any third country/ies.
- The objective is to increase the awareness and recognition of the Union quality scheme on organic production.
- Information and promotion programmes on the Union quality scheme on organic production method should be a key priority since this scheme provides consumers with assurances on the sustainability, quality and characteristics of the product and the production process used and the environmental benefits they generate, achieve added value for the products concerned and enhance their market opportunities.
- The expected ultimate impact is to increase awareness of the Union quality scheme on organic production and to enhance the competitiveness and consumption of organic products, raise their profile and increase their market share.
- The objective is to highlight the sustainability of Union agriculture, stressing its beneficial role for the climate, the environment and animal welfare.
- The production method(s) of the promoted product(s) shall cover at least two of the areas of actions.
- The expected ultimate impact is to increase the awareness of the Union sustainable agriculture practices beneficial for the climate, the environment and animal welfare by consumers and to enhance the competitiveness and consumption of sustainably produced agri-food products in the Union, raise their profile and increase their market share.
Amount: EUR 11 000 000
In order to be eligible, the applicants must:
- be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- be established in an EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs)
- be eligible organisations or bodies as referred to in Article 7(1) of Regulation (EU) No 1144/2014:
- trade or inter-trade organisations, established in a Member State and representative of the sector or sectors concerned in that Member State, and in particular the interbranch organisations provided that they are representative for the name protected under the latter Regulation which is covered by that programme
- producer organisations or associations of producer organisations, as referred to in Articles 152 and 156 of Regulation (EU) No 1308/2013 that have been recognised by a Member State or
- agri-food sector bodies the objective and activity of which is to provide information on, and to promote agricultural products and which have been entrusted, by the Member State concerned, with a clearly defined public service mission in this area; those bodies must have been legally established in the Member State in question at least two years prior to the date of the call for proposals referred to in Article 8(2).
- trade or inter-trade organisation, established in a Member State or at EU level,
- a group are deemed to be representative of the name protected under Regulation (EU) No 1151/2012 and covered by the programme, where it accounts for at least 50% of the volume or value of marketable production of the product(s) whose name is protected
- a producer organisation or an association of producer organisations are deemed to be representative of the product(s) or sector concerned by the programme where it is recognised by the Member State in accordance with Articles 154 or 156 of Regulation (EU) No 1308/2013 or with Article 14 of Regulation (EU) No 1379/2013;
- an agri-food sector body are deemed to be representative of the sector(s) concerned by the programme by means of having representatives of that product(s) or sector among its memberships.
For more information, visit European Commission.
How can we get funding from your organisation
Thank you for contacting fundsforNGOs. fundsforNGOs is a social enterprise that provides fundraising guides, resources, and the latest funding opportunities to help you fundraise better and secure grant funding. We are not a funding organization and we do not provide grants.
To find great opportunities for your cause, please visit: https://www2.fundsforngos.org