Deadline: 16 May 2016
The purpose of this Call for Proposals is to support eligible research on sustainable innovations and initiatives to improve and enhance the effectiveness of the current education and awareness, law and enforcement.
- Education and awareness
- Measure effectiveness of current education and awareness initiatives on waste management and provide strategies, practical sustainable solutions and initiatives to enhance attitude and behavior change on littering and illegal dumping of waste.
- Develop a communication plan for waste management at all levels across sectors, stakeholder groups and areas.
- Community participation
- Recommend the most practical effective and sustainable waste management options at all levels across sectors at: household level, institutions, local authorities, commercial centers and industry.
- Provide recommendations for best practices in community participation for waste recycling and sorting
- Establish reasons for low uptake of recycling by communities.
- Law enforcement and Compliance
- Establish compliance levels to environmental laws on waste management in Zimbabwe, compared to other countries in the SADC and Africa region and any other countries in the developing and developed regions as may be relevant.
- Establish why littering and dumping remain a challenge in the various geographical spaces including streets, highways, service centers, towns and open spaces contrary to all current efforts to manage waste.
- Establish practical sustainable, effective law enforcement system for improved compliance across sectors and geographical space.
- Funding is open to Zimbabwean researchers who will be affiliated to local Academic Institutions, Research Institutions and Government Research Departments.
- Researchers from the Private Sector and registered Non-profit organizations affiliated to a Zimbabwean approved public institute are also encouraged to apply. Eligible research proposals must focus on waste disposal management within the context of this Call only.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: Zimbabwe
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.