Deadline: 13 January 2017
Rwanda Governance Board (RGB) is inviting applicants from different fields of governance in civil society, academia, governments, inter-governmental and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), national, regional and international think tanks and qualifying individuals to submit their short bios and abstracts that focus on good governance and decentralization in Rwanda.
This special issue aims to provide a forum for discussing innovative theoretical and empirical research on both key challenges facing decentralization and opportunities to exploit, and to facilitate the exchange of views among researchers and policymakers as Rwanda search its path towards sustainable development through accountable governance at all levels of public administration.
The main theme will focus on Good Governance and Decentralization in Rwanda, candidates are particularly invited to address the issues, but not limited to:
- JADF (Joint Action Development Forum);
- Governance innovations;
- Decentralization in Rwanda;
- Comparative studies pertaining to the main theme;
- Empirical studies (sectoral, regional, fiscal etc) and analysis;
- CSOs, INGO participation and roles in Decentralization process and democratic dispensation;
- Citizens participation in decentralized entities
- A selection of high quality papers will consider:
- The Theme: An entry must clearly relate to the proposed theme and explain the topic’s significance (policy, theory, development practice).
- Originality: Papers have to be original. Any plagiarism will imply immediate disqualification.
- Relevancy: Its contribution to enrich the status of Good Governance and Decentralization in Rwanda.
- Scholarship: the paper should meet the scientific norms prior to its publication.
- A focus on JADF is an added value
- Proven track records in research and publication is an advantage.
- Each submission will be reviewed by peer reviewers.
- Young scholars, Researchers are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their abstracts via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit RGB Call for Proposals.