The Ripley County Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Large Projects Grant to assist an organization with a sizeable project needed to support and/or enhance its charitable reach.
The purpose of their organization’s grant application must fall within one or more of the Community Foundation’s four service areas:
- Arts & Culture: to expand the arts within the region and/or establish diversified and inclusive programs that offer widespread opportunities for participation and appreciation of culturally significant places, beliefs, and traditions.
- Business & Entrepreneurship: to support the growth and success of local small businesses and entrepreneurs through opportunities that sparks innovation, investment, and diversifies our local economy.
- Education, Health, & Well-Being: to support the development of human capital through a strong educational system and a healthy lifestyle.
- Environment & Natural Resources: to invest in projects and programs aimed at expanding and protecting the natural landscape that surrounds them by increasing appreciation for, improvements to, and use of the natural environment.
Large Project Grants are available once per year in the amount of up to $5,000.00 maximum.
- Grants will be made only to organizations that have responsible fiscal sponsors and adequate accounting procedures.
- Grant recipients and fiscal sponsors will sign and abide by the respective conditions as set forth in the Community Foundation’s “Grant Award Agreements” and “Grant Report Forms.”
- An organization or an organization’s fiscal sponsor cannot have an outstanding or delinquent Grant Report in order for an application to be considered for future granting.
- No grants will be made solely to individuals.
- No grants will be made to defray travel or lodging expenses to enable individuals or groups to attend seminars or take trips.
- No grants will be made exclusively for endowment purposes of recipient organizations.
- No grants will be made for programs which will have been completed and funded prior to the Ripley County Community Foundation’s publicized date for grant decisions. No grants will be made to repay acquisition costs for equipment already purchased.
- No grant shall be made for the acquisition of weapons, firearms or destructive devices as defined in the Indiana Code under IC 35-41-1-8 or IC 35-47.5-2-4.
- No grants will be made specifically for sectarian religious purposes, but can be made to religious organizations for general community programs, or to preserve an historical site (typically 100 years or older).
- No grant will be made for the purchase of property or buildings.
- Organizations who have been awarded prior grants must have complied with all reporting requirements and be in good standing before submitting another grant application. Non-compliance will result in exclusion from future granting.
- Previous awarded grants to an organization must be spent and accounted for before applying for another grant from the Ripley County Community Foundation.
- No grants will be made to attempt to influence legislation or to intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statement) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
To apply for a Large Projects Grant, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization, governmental, or educational entity
- The organization has not already received an Impact Grant for the calendar year
- The organization must not have outstanding or delinquent grant reports (this requirement also applies to fiscal sponsors)
- Nonprofit organizations that serve Ripley County
For more information, visit https://rccfonline.org/grants/applications/