Deadline: 30 April 2020
To further strengthen the impact of the funding, the Rising Tide Foundation is launching this call for proposals to identify the best projects around the globe that have the objective to promote freedom and prosperity. They are interested in projects which go beyond theory, that apply their core beliefs in the lives of real people.
Rising Tide Foundation’s mission is to promote freedom to improve quality of life everywhere. The foundation supports projects that enhance freedom and prosperity in society.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Foundation believes the market economy, in concert with limited government and rule of law, holds the greatest promise of freedom and prosperity for all. Markets enhance individual flourishing by coordinating diverse interests through voluntary and peaceful exchange. The greatest advancements in human history result from such interactions between individuals who are free to act, exchange, and create value for themselves and others, not from the use of force or top-down planning of the state.
Poverty, in the opinion, cannot be “managed” by redistributing a perceived “finite” pie of wealth, nor by gaining control over limited resources. Instead, prosperity is when society respects the dignity of each person and his or her right to act as a moral agent. They seek to unleash this potential by supporting projects that open networks of productivity and exchange to the previously excluded. They believe that individuals in poverty must see themselves as active agents, not passive victims. They must seek and be given empowerment, not paternalistic protection as the key to prosperity.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Personal freedom and the free market economy, as ideals, are continuously threatened by the power of big government and big-business, intervening to enhance “social justice”, “equity “, or “efficiency” in markets. But these efforts end up leading to the kind of crony capitalism that is so prevalent today – a system that claims to help everyone but benefits only the few at the expense of the many; it is a system that manages rather than solves poverty.
Theory of Change
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The Foundation believes that Freedom is the most important explanatory factor driving and shaping human well being around the world and see a substantial contribution through projects that show tangible impacts in the following impact areas:
- Private sector solutions: Develop private sector solutions to societal problems.
- System change: Offer solutions to the problems created by government and crony capitalist interventions. Projects that offer strategies for making such interventions unnecessary and unattractive going forward.
- Empowerment of individuals: Design and implement programs that enhance individuals’ capacities for self-determination, individual choice, and peaceful, voluntary cooperation in society.
- Teaching freedom: Discover methods to teach freedom in new ways to untapped audiences.
The Foundation believes that impact driven, bottom-up entrepreneurial initiatives (whether non-profit or for-profit) represent a largely untapped source of opportunity to advance the freedom of individuals and advance the general prosperity of society.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
RTF welcomes grants from 50’000 USD up to 1 Million USD over no more than 5 years. RTF does not give unrestricted funding nor do they fund significant overhead.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Approaches: In order to qualify for selection, projects need to advance the freedom of the individual through one of the following two approaches:
- Directly enhance the freedom of individuals along at least one of its dimensions by:
- reducing obstacles, barriers, constraints or interference from others to the freedom of the individual through innovative approaches (not including general awareness, publication or policy work), or
- enabling individuals, that may otherwise not have the chance, to access transformational interventions (non-governmental) and programs that empower them to live an independent, sustainable and self-determined life (not including scholarships).
- Design, pilot or implement bottom-up alternatives to existing government solutions to societal issues organized as decentralized networks, private sector organizations, NGOs etc.
Types: The projects should further fall into one of the following two types of projects:
- Funding of training & incubation in some form of entrepreneurship: Projects by incubators, accelerators or training institutions that provide skills, training and funding access to individuals, communities, non-/for-profit organizations.
- Direct project funding: Grant funding will be provided to non-profit or hybrid organizations for testing, implementation or scale up of their focus activities.
The following types of projects are excluded from funding: projects run by individuals; projects run by organizations with a political or religious mission; infrastructure; humanitarian aid; conferences and travel.
Geographic focus: Preference is given to regions where the political infrastructure is robust enough to allow free market principles to be promoted, and the rule of law can realistically be expanded and grow.
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit a short Letter of Intent (LOI) via given website.
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.risingtide-foundation.org/call-for-proposals