Deadline: 29 February 2020
- Section 1: Innovative grant proposals between EUR 20,000-50,000 aligned with REF’s Strategic Framework (2021-2030)
- Section 2: Advocacy grant proposals up to EUR 25,000 aligned with REF’s Strategic Framework (2021-2030).
REF’s mission is to contribute to closing the gap in educational outcomes between Roma and non-Roma, including promoting quality, inclusive education and desegregated schools and classrooms. The objective of the call is to select partner organizations for the implementation of innovative pilot projects that would be in line with REF’s strategic framework and contribute to closing the gap. An innovative pilot project is considered one that has not been implemented in the geographic area before and one that encourages change in formal and/or informal education. It could also introduce new technologies, interactive teaching methods, improved resilience of Roma children, trends and practices that would result in enhanced educational outcomes in early childhood, primary or secondary education.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The proposal should include any or all of the following target groups: parents, teachers, students and/or educational institutions. It must incorporate tools to measure the educational achievements and indicators proposed.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
All pilot project proposals should include measurable and lasting improvements aligned with REF’s Strategic Framework and shall:
- Advocate for changes in policy development in education and/or employment
- Contribute regional knowledge exchange and communication in education and/or employment
- Contribute to building an inclusive education system and its desegregation
- Integrate gender mainstreaming perspective into the preparation and design of all components of the project
- Set grounds for sustainability of the best practices and activities in the proposal
- Provide for measurable outcomes to improving educational achievements
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The minimum requested funding for the innovative pilot projects is EUR 20,000 and the maximum requested funding is EUR 50,000. REF reserves the right to change this amount (increase, decrease) depending on the outcomes of the Call for Proposals.
Timeframe for the Grant Implementation
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- June 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020
- The innovative pilot projects should be planned with a duration of maximum 7 months.
This Call for Proposals calls upon non-governmental organizations and institutions registered and operating in the Western Balkans countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
In order to apply for the grants, the following eligibility criteria apply:
- Legally registered non-governmental organization or institution in the above-given country.
- Operational capacity: systems and processes for ensuring sound management of funds. At a minimum, an organization needs to have basic accounting and reporting systems and to have been registered and working for at least 2 years.
- Proven relevant experience and indicating ability to fulfill the objectives of the action.
- Core values in line with REF’s values – tenacity, integrity, justice, accountability and inquisitiveness – including REF’s commitment to integration and gender mainstreaming.
- Pilot project proposal should entail innovative activities in the country in question and should not overlap with already existing interventions funded by REF.
- Pilot project proposals with school-related activities should be supported with partnership statement(s) between the school(s) and the implementing organization.
REF’s Project Management Committee will use the following criteria in the process of reviewing and selecting project proposals, and rank each one by scores 1-5:
- Innovation and alignment with REF Strategy
- Creative approach in the project design and methodology aimed at building resilience of Roma students through curricular or extracurricular activities
- Innovative approach in working with beneficiaries and implementation of project activities
- Gender-mainstreaming integrated in the implementation of all project activities
- Alignment with REF’s strategic framework and priorities
- Grass-roots involvement and participation
- Experience with Roma community and target groups: REF prioritizes organizations that are rooted in their community and operate with community input and investment
- Roma involvement in planning and management of project: REF prioritizes organizations in which Roma participation is encouraged and valued
- Geographical operation: project activities will be implemented in areas of the project countries which extend REF’s geographical coverage and add new beneficiaries
- Future impact
- Potential for scaling-up, replication by local and national institutions; stakeholders’ engagement
- Potential to impact advocacy and policy actions aimed at influencing decisions and changing the discourse towards improved educational systems to benefit Roma
- REF encourages and prioritizes co-financing, voluntary work and in-kind contribution as part of the proposal. All costs should be stated clearly and separately for the whole project duration.
- Well-elaborated Project Implementation and Monitoring Plan to track and measure the progress and project indicators.
For more information, visit https://www.romaeducationfund.org/call-for-innovative-proposals-and-advocacy-grants-2020/
(Ad) Are you fed up of receiving non-relevant, non-useful and pointless funding alerts and updates in your email? Not anymore! With fundsforNGOs Premium, you can configure what type of funding updates you want to receive, select specific countries and areas of work and receive information only about them. Save your time by getting the most relevant and useful updates in your email. Learn more.