Deadline: 13 October 2019
The Rosenberg Fund for Children (RFC) is accepting applications for its Grant program to provides for the educational and emotional needs of children of targeted progressive activists, and youth who are targeted activists themselves. In most instances, professionals and institutions directly receive the grants to provide services at no or reduced cost to beneficiaries.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The RFC defines “targeted” as someone who as a result of their activism has: lost a job; suffered physical or mental injury or disability; been harassed or discriminated against; been imprisoned; or died. “Progressive activities” are actions taken to further the beliefs that:
- All people have equal worth
- People are more important than profits
- World peace is a necessity
- Society must function within ecologically sustainable limits
The RFC funds institutions and individual providers who support the values listed above. Subject to their financial ability, the RFC will fund such things as: counseling; K-12 school tuition; camp tuition; cultural lessons; after-school programs; prison visits; and books and supplies for college or other educational training after high school.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Types of Grant
The RFC provides four types of grants:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Regular Grants for children 18 and younger who are the children of targeted activist and targeted activist youth.
- Carry It Forward Awards (CIF) to assist beneficiaries aged 19 through 24 with the cost of books and supplies associated with post-high school education and training.
- Special development grants of up to $1000 per year for targeted activist youth ages 18 to 24 to further their education, support their emotional needs or develop their organizing skills.
- Attica Fund Prison Visit Award to allow children and youth up to age 24 to visit activist parents from whom they have been separated because the activist parent(s) has been imprisoned.
- Applications may be submitted by parents, custodians, and guardians to benefit children (under age 18) in the United States whose parents’ pursuit of progressive values has left them unable to fully provide for that child as a result of being targeted as outlined above. The young adult children (ages 18-24) of targeted activists may submit applications on their own behalf.
- Applications may also be submitted by or on behalf of targeted activist youth (under age 25) whose targeting has resulted in a significant adverse life impact.
- Although they usually receive applications from parents on behalf of their children, in special cases (for instance when anonymity is required for personal safety) they accept applications directly from a program or provider on behalf of a group of young people who meet their granting guidelines. In addition, programs focused on serving the educational and emotional needs of children in a community that has experienced pervasive repression in response to the community’s resistance to oppression can apply directly to the RFC for a group grant.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://www.rfc.org/granting