Deadline: 4 December 2019
Applications are open for “Bloomberg Initiative To Reduce Tobacco Use Grants Program” to support projects to develop and deliver high-impact evidence-based tobacco control interventions.
The grants program is managed by the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) and the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids.
Types of Grant
Two rounds of grants are awarded annually, an Open Grant Round and a Strategic Grant Round
- Open Grant Round (OGR) – An international competitive grant round, open to applicants from any low or middle-income country.
- Strategic Grant Round (SGR) – This round is only open to applicants from the ten priority countries
Proposals can be submitted for grants from US$50,000 up to US$250,000 per year. Project proposals between six and twenty-four months will be considered.
Which countries are eligible?
While applications are welcome from all low- and middle-income countries (as categorized by the World Bank), the Initiative places a priority on countries with the greatest number of tobacco users. These are:
- Governmental and non-governmental organizations based in eligible countries can apply for grants.
- Governmental organizations include, but are not limited to, national Ministries, state/provincial authorities, city/municipal authorities and affiliate offices.
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with relevant advocacy experience aimed at changing or implementing policies including but not limited to civil society organizations, educational institutions (for example universities) and independent policy institutions (‘think tanks’).
- Applicants must be recognized legal registered entities capable of entering into contractual arrangements, receiving foreign funds for the proposed activities and assuming legal and financial obligations.
- NGO applicants cannot be the recipients of financial support from any tobacco product manufacturer or the parent, subsidiary or affiliate of a tobacco product manufacturer including PMI IMPACT and Foundation for a Smoke-free World.
- The grants program does not fund individuals.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://tobaccocontrolgrants.org/Apply-For-A-Grant