Deadline: 18 October 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The hub aims to facilitate bilateral tech partnerships between Albania and the UK. It focuses on tech start-ups that have the potential to contribute to growth in the UK by sharing innovation, skills and business opportunities between the two countries.
The project does this through identifying targeted solutions, partners and models of collaboration for tech start-ups engaging entrepreneurs with capacity-building events with key business experts leading to UK delegation to meet potential business and tech partners.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The programme is based on the successful UK-Israel Tech Hub and the programmes includes a three step approach to supporting tech start-ups:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Training programme: There are up to 20 spaces available for start-ups with high-growth potential to participate in a workshop series in Tirana which will include training and mentoring session to help grow their ideas and develop their capacities using local and UK practices and expertise.
- UK Exchange programme: Following a competitive process, a number of the start-ups that have successfully completed the training programme will be chosen to continue their training in London. The shortlisted start-ups will embark on further training, mentoring and explore business opportunities in UK’s tech sector. Entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to meet with accelerators, hub, tech networks, investors and potential clients.
- Post training: Follow-up support to further develop their businesses and acceleration programme for high potential start-ups to further grow their business, incl. high profile networking events, opportunities to be paired with UK mentors, opportunities for joint projects and opportunities to contribute to policy making.
- Are you a start-up in the field of technology?
- Do you have at least one product and are looking for customers?
- Are you are a resident/operating/registered in one of the Western Balkan countries?
- Do you understand, speak, read and write in English? (most of the training session will be in English)
Applications are open to all technology start-ups that are already established in the Albanian market or the countries of the Western Balkans.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
How to Apply
Please fill in the application form and send it by email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-albania-tech-hub-launches-call-for-applications-2019-2020