The Bundaberg Region Council is offering grants to sporting organisations under the Round 3 of Sport Championship Funding Program.
The aim of the Sport Championship Funding Program is to attract financially viable sporting events to the Bundaberg Region, recognised by the relevant sporting authority.
There are three distinctive sport event categories within the Sport Championship Funding Program:
- International/National Sporting Event – attracts international or national participation of greater than 20% of total participants to the Bundaberg Region.
- State Sporting Event – attracts state wide participation with a majority of the total participants from outside the Bundaberg Region.
- Regional Significant Sporting Event – attracts regional participation with a majority of the total participants from outside the Bundaberg Region
- The Sport Championship Funding amount available is up to $5,000 for eligible sporting organisations.
- Duration: Applicants will be required to acquit the grant no later than 4 months after the completion of the sporting event.
What they can’t fund?
- Retrospective costs associated with the events that have already commenced or have been completed.
- Costs associated with the event bid.
- Insurance (public liability, general liability)
- Costs associated with appearance fees, presentation functions, trophies, alcohol and prize money.
- Office equipment (computers, printers etc)
- Council fees and charges.
- Private and Commercial ventures.
- Rental of office premises.
- Bundaberg Regional Council based not-for-profit sporting organisations.
- Be Incorporated (with an objective of sport).
- Have an Australian Business Number or provide a ‘Statement by a Supplier’ form.
- Hold a current Certificate of Currency (Public Liability).
- Organisations who have received Council grants which have not been satisfactorily acquitted.
- National/State/Regional sporting organisations.
- Political groups.
- Local, State and Federal Government Agency.
- Auspicing Organisations.
- Private and Commercial activities.
- Religious or worship organisations.
- Schools, TAFE and Universities.
For more information, visit Bundaberg Region Council.
For more information, visit https://bundaberg.smartygrants.com.au/2022_-2023SportChampionshipFundingRound3